The first batch of our BBA and B.Com (Hons.) students passed out in the year 2009 – 2010. ASM-SOC alumni association was set up in the year 2011 – 12. The objective behind this association is to develop bonding with our ex-students and to keep in touch with them. This also facilitates and encourages alumni to contribute towards school’s efforts for achieving academic excellence. The school plans to organize around two alumni meets in every academic year.
The office bearers of the current alumni committee are as follows:
- Chairman-Mr. Praveen Chanduru
- Secretary-Mr. Bhoumik Goradia
- Treasurer-Ms. Saloni Banka
ASMSOC Alumni Portal : https://commercealumni.nmims.edu/
Currently 2500 alumni are registered on this online platform
Some of our distinguished alumni….
|Sr. No.||Name of the Alumni||Course||Current Organization||Batch|
|1.||Mr. Praveen Chunduru||2007 - 2010||BBA||Doing his MBA (Finance) at Wharton University, USA. He has previously worked with a World Bank institution.|
|2.||Mr. Ankit Vyas||2007 - 2010||BBA||Doing his M. Phil (Education) at Oxford University, UK. He has previously worked for IIM - A as a research associate and for Teach for India as an associate.|
|3.||Mr. Yash Sheel Srivastava||2008 - 2011||BBA||Doing his PGP at IIM - A. (2014 - 2016)|
|4.||Mr. Tanmay Aurora||2008 - 2011||BBA||Currently working as Sales Lead, SMB Online Sales at Google India. Selected for GOLD program [Top 2% of the talent pool] - A program designed for accelerated development of young Emerging Leaders of Google.|
|5.||Mr. Akshay Uday Shenoy||2009 - 2012||B. Com (Hons)||Currently working as a core team member of the founding team for a start-up into crowd funding and Venture Capital - 1Crowd.com. He is an MBA (Finance) from IIM - B 2012 - 14.|
|6.||Mr. Niranjan Nakhate||2010 - 2013||BBA||Co-Founder at frapp - a student discount start-up - 2013.|
|7.||Mr. Mohit Mangal||2011 - 2014||BBA||Director at Euro Cars India Pvt. Ltd.|
|8.||Ms. Khyati Rathi||2011 - 2014||BBA||Equity Research Analyst at Goldman Sachs.|
|9.||Mr. Vatsal Shah||2012 - 2015||BBA||Founder of a start-up - Valve Autotainment|
|10.||Mr. Yash Bhargava||2012 - 2015||B. Com (Hons)||Founder of a start-up - Shining Armour - A web design company.|
Alumni – Student Interface Session held:
1. Tanmay Arora – a Googler and an alumnus of our college (BBA – 2011), was invited by the Corporate Interface Cell (CIC) during July 2014 to have an interactive lecture session with students, mostly the new entrant first years.
2. Praveen Chunduru, BBA (2010) who was working for an affiliate of World Bank was invited by the Corporate Interface Cell (CIC) for conducting a career planning session for the students of TYBBA and TYB.Com (Hons) during March 2013
3. Entrepreneurs - Sahil Vora and Ayushmaan Sinha (BBA – 2015) were invited for a guest lecture on "How to convert ideas into a business" during August 2015 by the Corporate Interface Cell (CIC).
4. Mr. Akshay Shenoy our alumnus of B.Com (Hons) batch of 2012 was invited by the Corporate Interface Cell (CIC) to deliver a guest lecture on the topic of "Role of VC's in Entrepreneurship and How to make a business Plan" on Monday 22nd August 2016 for TYBBA – A Class. The students found the lecture quite useful as the third year students are currently engaged in planning their B-Plan Ideas. He spoke about how to get VC funding and the advantages and disadvantages of the same. And how his friends had various experiences with VC funding. He also spoke about how to chart down a B-Plan Idea in simple terms so as to explain it to people in Lay man terms. He also motivated the students by giving out many examples about his friends and explained how to proceed ahead with an idea so as to make it into a money generating project. He even suggested a few authors to the students on the same topic. Later after the lecture he solved many doubts and interacted with the students. It was a very fruitful session where the students interacted with Mr. Akshay.
5. Entrepreneurs – Vinay Anand and Siddharth Golia (BBA – 2013) were invited for a guest lecture on "How to convert ideas into a business" during September 2015 by the Corporate Interface Cell (CIC).
6. Karan Shah, alumni of our BBA programme 2015 and the founder of IID had conducted a seminar on Entrepreneurial challenges for the students of ASMSOC on 13th September 2016 , Karan gave a small peak into the journey of his life and stressed on the fact that one can only choose the right path after experiencing the others. According to him, success is always accompanied by failure as a person can only learn from his failure. He has started his own educational venture in the field of Digital Marketing.