Veerendra M Anchan
Areas of Specialization:
Statistics & Mathematics, Operation Research
"Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science with R, Statistical Computing in Excel, Big Data Analytics"
Assistant Professor (Full time Faculty) in S. M. Shetty College of Science, Commerce & Management Studies for Mathematics and Statistics teaching B.Com/BMS/BBI/BAF/ B.Sc. IT/M.Sc. IT – June 2012 to April 2016.
Assistant Professor (Visiting Faculty) in School of Science, NMIMS University for Statistical Computing in MS Excel M.Sc. Part I students– From June 2011.
- Analysis Executive in Brandscapes Worldwide working for royal clients to create and analyze many Statistical Models.
- Research paper on ""Significance Of Technological Development And Skill Development In Rural India” at the International Conference on Pathh 2017: ‘Changing Dynamics Of Management Practices In A Globalized World’ held on 10th February, 2017 in St. Francis Institute of Mangement and Research, Borivali (W).
- Research paper on ""LEVERAGING ANALYTICS FOR A BETTER INDIA IN THE AREA OF EDUCATION, JOBS AND WELL BEING” at the International Conference On Vision 2020 – Leveraging ‘Make In India’ held on 29th and 30th April, 2016 organized by Lala Lajpatrai College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai in association with Shri Jagdish Prasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University (JJTU).
Publications and Research papers presented:
- Research paper on ""Privilege to the Tribal Section for Country’s Economic Growth” at the International Conference on ""Indian Political and Economic Scenario: Issues, Opportunities and Challenges” held on 20th December, 2014 in Chandrabhan College, Powai. (ISBN – 978-93-83072-65-1)
- Research paper on ""Leveraging Analytics For A Better India In The Area Of Education, Jobs And Well Being” at the International Conference on Vision 2020: Leveraging ""Make in India” held on 29th & 30th April, 2016 in Lala Lajpatrai College of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai. (ISBN 978-93-82159-87-2)
- Research paper on ""Universality Of Human Rights: Current Scenario Anti-Corruption, Good Governance And Human Rights” at the International Conference on Universality of Human Rights: Current Scenario held on 9th December,2016 in K.P.B.Hinduja College of Commerce in association with University of Mumbai, Department of Law, Mumbai.( ISBN 978-93-5267-851-8)
Conferences / Workshops / Seminars attended/ Certifications:
- Attended two day workshop ""‘Sankhyiki’-""Analytical Intelligence - A Roadmap to Careers in Applied Statistics” organised by NMIMS School of Science & co-sponsored by SAS Institute India Pvt. Ltd., Ultramax Infonet Education and Greeksoft Technologies on 10th and 11th of January, 2017
- Attended Faculty Development Program ""Classroom Experiments” organised by S. M. Shetty College in association with Meghnad Desai Academy of Economics on 3rd December, 2016
- Attended two day Faculty Development Program ""Law and Policy of Taxation with reference to Goods and Service tax (GST)” organised by NMIMS School of Law on 4th and 5th November,2016
- Attended Two Days workshop on ""Research Methodology & Data Analytics in Social Organized by S. M. Shetty College on 29th and 30th March, 2016.
- Attended Two Days Workshop conducted on ""Training on use of Statistical Techniques in Social Research” organized by B.M.S. and B.Com. Department of Pillai College of Arts, Commerce and Science on 28th and 29th January, 2016.
- Attended National Conference on ""Advancement in IT: Current Trends, Future Scenario and Impact on Society” Organized by S. M. Shetty College, Powai on 23rd August, 2014.
- Attended National Conference on ""Human Resource Development: Realities, Practices and Challenges, Organized by S. M. Shetty College, Powai on 1st February, 2014
- Attended Faculty Development Program ""Enhancing Your Research Skills” Organized by IBS Business School, Powai on 25th September, 2013
- Invited as a Resource Person in Workshop ""Sankhyiki” On ‘Data Analysis Using Excel’ On 4th And 5th January, 2013 organized by NMIMS University (School of Science)
- Certified for training program on ""Data Science with R, SAS and Excel” from Simplilearn in 2016.
- Conducted Vedic Mathematics 3 months Certification Course in S. M. Shetty College of Science, Commerce and Management Studies, Powai in 2015.
Management Development Programs:
Editorial Board Membership:
Official Email Id:
Office Phone No: