Dr. Pallavi Rallan
Areas of Specialization:
- PhD (Commerce) (2021) – University of Mumbai
- MMM (Masters of Marketing Management) (2011-14) – University of Mumbai
- National Eligibility Test (NET) – December 2010 (Passed in 1st Attempt)
- Diploma in Advertising and Public Relations (2009-10) – University of Mumbai
- MCom (2008-10) - University of Mumbai (2nd in Ritumbara College)
- BMS (2005-08) – University of Mumbai (10th Merit Rank holder at University of Mumbai)"
Areas of Specialization:
General Management, Marketing and Research
11 years Teaching Experience in undergraduate programs including BMS, BBA, BCom (Hons) and BSc (Finance). 2 years Industry Experience as a Research Analyst at The Nielsen Company.
- (2020) Rallan, P. & Nair, N. Role of ICT for Businesses in Tourism Sector in India. NOLEGEIN Journal of Business Ethics, Ethos and CSR, 3(1), pp 23-28.
- (2019) Disruption caused by Taxi Aggregators In Indian Economy, Review of Research, UGC Approved Journal No 48514, Volume8, Issue9.
- (2019) An analysis of India’s Tourism Policies, Review of Research, ISSN: 2249-894X, 8(7), UGC Approved No: 48514 http://oldror.lbp.world/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=9736
- (2018) Challenges to Inclusive Growth: Outsourcing Sector in Reverse Globalization Era, JBIMS International Research Conference, JBIMS Spectrum, VI(1), ISSN No: 2320-7272, pp (86-113)
- (2018) A Study to Understand the Consumption Pattern of the Middle Class Indians, International Journal of Scientific Research and Review, ISSN: 2279-543X, 7(13), pp 208-221, UGC Approved No: 64650
- (2018) A Review of the Indian Tourism Industry, Emperor International Journal of Finance and Management Research, ISSN: 2395-5929, 4(4), pp 276-285, UGC Approved No: 45308 http://www.eijfmr.com/2018/apr_2018/35.pdf
- (2018) An Empirical Study of the Indian Taxi Market – with a brief analysis of the emerging Taxi Aggregator Sector, Shanlax International Journal of Commerce, ISSN: 2320-4168, 6(1), UGC Approved No:44120
- (2017) An Empirical Study of the Role of Strategic Management in Technological Firms: Case Study of Apple Inc., Emperor International Journal of Finance and Management Research, ISSN: 2395-5929, 3(9), pp 89-94.
- (2017) Disruptive Via Being Cashless: Paytm, JBIMS - Spectrum, 5(1), pp 29 - 49
- (2016) Effects of Strategic Management Practices on Business Performance of Online Travel Agents: Case of Expedia Inc., International Journal of Business and Management Invention, 5(12), pp 82 – 91.
Publications and Research papers presented:
- (2019) Adoption of ICT in Wildlife Tourism in India: Case Study of Corbett Tiger Reserve., 2ndInternational Conference on Challenges in Emerging Economies, K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research (SIMSR)
- (2019) Role of ICT for Businesses in Tourism Sector in India, IJIEEE International Conference.
- (2018) Challenges to Inclusive Growth: Outsourcing Sector in Reverse Globalization Era, JBIMS – International Research Conference 2018
- (2017) Role of Social Media Marketing in Organizations: A New Phase of Marketing Management, NCRD’s Sterling College of Arts, Commerce & Science – Quest.
- (2017) Disruptive Via Being Cashless: Paytm, JBIMS – International Research conference 2017
Conferences / Workshops / Seminars attended/ Certifications:
Attending E Workshop on Data Analysis Using Jamovi organized by Primax Foundation during 5th - 12th March 2022.
Attended Faculty Development Program on ‘Beginners Kit for Online Teaching Tools’ organized by Nagindas Khandwala College in association with IMS during 21st – 22nd May 2020
- Attended Faculty Development Program on ‘Research 360 Degree - Comprehensive Research Techniques’ organized by Grand Academic Portal (GAP), The Rabindranath Tagore University (Bhopal) & Bhopal School of Social Sciences (Bhopal) during 11th – 17th May 2020.
- Attended Faculty Development program on ‘Case Study Methodology’ by Dr Das at ASMSOC (Mumbai) (2017).
- Completed Online Training Program ‘Preparing to Manage - Skills and Practices’ on Alison (2016).
- Attended seminar on ‘Research Proposal’ conducted at Mithibai College (Mumbai) (2016).
Contribution to Academics: ·Specialization in the area of General Management. Some of the subjects taught at ASMSOC include: Principles of Management, Strategic Management, Research Methodology and Service & Retail Management.
- Designed ASMSOC’s Undergraduate Management Courses such as Principles of Management, Strategic Management, Research Methodology and Rural Marketing.
- Has mentored new faculty in the courses of Management (Strategic Management & Principles of Management).
- Mentor for the final year BBA and BCom (Hons) students’ Business Plan (B-Plan) project.
- Part of the panel evaluating the Business Plans (B-Plan) of the final year BBA, BCom (Hons) students.
- Extending contribution to School of Law (SOL) by teaching the course of Strategic Management and Business Policy – Trimester V in BBA LLB program (2017-18).
Contribution to Extra-Curricular Activities:
- Faculty In charge - Vaayu (ASMSOC's Annual Inter Collegiate Festival)
- Faculty In Charge - Montage (ASMSOC's Cultural Club)"
Management Development Programs:
Completed the following courses on Coursera:
- Leadership & Emotional Intelligence on Coursera (April 2020)
- Market Research & Consumer Behaviour (April 2020)
- Competitive Strategy (April 2020)
- Advanced Competitive Strategy (May 2020)
- Strategic Organization Design (June 2020)
- Learning to Teach Online (August 2020)
- Get Interactive: Practical Teaching with Technology (September 2020)"
Editorial Board Membership:
Official Email Id:
Office Phone No:
022 4235 5542