Dr. Nishrin PathanAssociate Professor (Business Communication)
PhD (Management), PhD (English), MBA (HR), MPhil (English), MA (ELT), BA, TESOL (Arizona State University)
Areas of Specialization: Business Communication, Commercial Correspondence, Soft Skills
Interest Areas: Business Communication, ICT in Business, Communication for E-Business, Managerial & Corporate Communication, Academic Writing, Soft Skills, Communication for Employment
Experience: 24 Years of Teaching and Training experience in Functional English, Business Communication, Reading & Writing Skills, Business Etiquettes and Professional communication
- ICT for Small Businesses: Brick Publications India. February 2019
- Textbook on English & Business Communication
FY BCOM, Sardar Patel University, June 2019
- COMMUNICARE; Brick Publications India. July 2019
- A Chapter on ‘Women’s Predicament and Quest for Self Identity: A perspective in Lyrical Novels of K. Hosseini, M. Ondaatje and Vikram Seth’ in Edited book Titled 'Women Empower & Inclusive Growth', Sarth Publication, March 2020. ISBN - 978-93-89-779-41-7
- A study in Narrative Technique of Interior Monologue in Khaled Hosseini’s lyrical novel, A Thousand Splendid Suns, published in UGC CARE listed Journal, Dialog, Dept. of English & Cultural Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh. May 2020. ISSN – 0975-4881.
Research papers presented:
- Presented paper on ‘No Land on Earth to Stand: An account of Rohingya Crisis based on Mumtaz Moosa Saley’s ‘The Sold Dream’ and ‘Trail of Fears’ by Richard Humphries’ at International Graduate Conference on Art & Literature in Conflict Zones from India, Spain & Latin America, organised by the CSPILAS/SLL&CS/JNU on the 26th and the 27th of October, 2021
Conferences / Workshops / Seminars attended:
- Workshop on Creativity, Problem Solving and Innovation organized by CHARUSAT September 2019.
Facilitating academic ambience by working in various capacities such as Member- Board of Studies, Member- IQAC – NAAC, Editor – Institutional E-Newsletter, Coordinator- Student Magazine, Student Mentoring, Coordinating Literary Activities and domestic and International Educational Tours.
Faculty Development Programs:
- Annual Refresher Programme in English Language Teaching, SWAYAM –MHRD and Gujarat University, February 2020
- FDP on Professional and Communicative English by Dept. of English, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore. June 2021
- AICTE sponsored two-week FDP Phase –III on Effective Teaching Learning towards Outcome Based Education organized by dept. of CSE and AI & Data Science, Velammal Institute of Technology, Anna University, Chennai. June 2021.
- National Registered Trainer with ICAI for conducting Training on Reading Strategies and Comprehension. Articulation Skills, Business Communication, Writing Skills by WIRC – TheInstitute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- Life Member: Indian Society for Training and Development, (ISTD) New Delhi
Official Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Phone No: 022- 42355762