Dr. Neeta Acharya
BCom (N M College, Mumbai University),
MBA (Marketing, NMIMS, Mumbai University),
Ph.D (Services Marketing, JDBIMS SNDT University)
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
Marketing, Strategy and Entrepreneurship
Consumer Behaviour, Brand Management,
Services Marketing, Sales & Distribution Management
Twenty years (from June 1997 to May 2017), teaching experience at NMIMS School of Business Management, involved teaching the subjects of Marketing, Consumer Behaviour, Brand Management & Services Marketing.
Teaching BBA students since Jul 2017 to date, subjects of Consumer Behaviour & Services Marketing, Sales & Distribution Management.
Additionally, taught Rural Marketing to students of Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Marketing & Organizational Behavior to students of Diploma in Human Resources at NMIMS.
Was Programme Coordinator for two year full time Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Marketing
- Mentoring students on Summer Projects, We Care Projects (Civic Engagement)
- Conducting mock interviews
- Counselling students on career pathway
- Panelist for group discussion & interviews during NMIMS admission process
Doctoral Degree Awarded:
Conducted research in the area of services marketing and was awarded Ph.D. for the thesis titled “Consumer behavior with respect to service expectations and perception of quality for cellular services” in May 2016.
- Acharya, Neeta (2011) - Service Quality & Customer satisfaction of Indian Cellular Mobile Services – An Empirical Study; NMIMS Management review, Vol XXI, Dec.2011. Pgs 14 to 38.
- Sharma G. & Acharya N (2010-11) – Impact of Cellular Mobile Service Quality, Perceived Value & Customer Satisfaction on Behavioral Intentions – An Empirical Study; JDBIMS Management Review, 2010-2011, Pg.12 to 19.
- “Case Study - Truance Communications” to Bombay Management Association on occasion of Management week, 12th Feb 2005. (Co-authored – Amit Sidhamsettiwar).
- “Celebrity Endorsements in India” in National Conference on Marketing -2004 and Beyond, organized ICFAI Business School – Bangalore on Oct 28 -29, 2004.
- “Managing Brands for Sustainable Growth” at Nirma International Conference on Management (NICOM) – 2004, managing trade, technology and environment, held at the Nirma Institute of Management, Nirma University of Science and Technology – Ahmedabad, Jan 2-4, 2004.
- “Strategic Dimensions of Cross-Cultural Issues in Marketing”; at Nirma International Conference on Management (NICOM) – 2003; Jan 2-4, 2003 – Ahmedabad.
- “Business Communication Across Cultures” at 7th International Conference on Global Business & Economic Development, Jan. 8 – 11th 2003, at Bangkok, Thailand.
- “Cultural Values of College going Youth” at PIMR – Praachi National Conference, Indore held at Prestige Institute of Management & Research, Indore, Jan 30 -31, 1999.
Training Programs Conducted:
- Conducted training modules of half day, one day & two days independently for leading companies like Mahindra & Mahindra, Eureka Forbes, Hoechst AgrEvo, Airfrieght , BSES, Bankers Training College – Syndicate Institute of Bank Management Manipal, Godrej Appliances, TATA Intelenet, 3 Global Services, Gabriel India, Lupin Laboratories, Novartis India, ESSAR Group, Ambuja Cements to name a few
- Modules covered - Customer Care; Marketing Orientation for Non-marketing Executives; Selling Skills; Personal Effectiveness; Effective Communication & Other Soft Skills/ Behavioral Program.
- Market feasibility studies on Packaged Lunches for Aleli Pvt. Ltd.
- Market feasibility studies on Flavored Mineral Water for Aleli Pvt. Ltd.
- Market feasibility studies on Formal Men’s Wear – Branded White Shirts for Aleli Pvt. Ltd.
- Created Branding strategy for TIBBS Frankie.
Workshops and Certifications
- Completed workshop organized by Cornell University, School of Labour & Industrial Relationships, on “Research Quality, Research Productivity & Inductive Methodology” held from Dec 5th to 10th, 2016 at NMIMS – Mumbai.
- Participated in a Case Method Teaching Seminar organized by IIM (Ahmedabad) – Harvard Business publishing, Feb 12th to 13th, 2016.
- Attended a customer lab on “Executing Service Excellence for breakthrough results” under the ageis of Innovative Media, on Aug 14th, 2007, at Taj President, Mumbai.
- Completed a 5 weekend Management Development programme on “Research Methodology” held from Nov 19th to Dec 18th, 2005 at NMIMS – Mumbai
- Attended a workshop on “The Paradigm & Process of Qualitative Research Methodology” conducted by Dr. Rajshree P Mahtani, TISS on Jul 19th to 21st, 2005.
- Attended a case writing workshop organized by Prestige Institute of Management & Research, Indore in May 2005.
- Attended Personal Growth by 5E Serpraise in association with National Institute of Personnel Management – Karnataka Chapter, organized Nov 25th to 27th, 2004.
- Attended a 5 day Personal Growth Lab conducted by Indian Society for Applied Behavioral Science (ISABS) at Karjat, in Mar 2003.
- Workshop on Rural Marketing, organized by Marketing & Research Team (MART), New-Delhi, Jan 20th, 2001.
- Participated in International Workshop on “World Class Marketing – Destination 2000” organized in collaboration with NASMEI, USA & SLIM, Colombo, organized at XLRI, Jamshedpur, Centre for Services Management.
- Participated in workshop on Training Methods for Management Educators of NIRMA, Ahmedabad, Dec 28th to 30th, 2000.
- Attended 27th National Management Convention, India Can Do It – Leveraging our Competitive Advantage, Sep 14th to 16th, 2000.
- Attended a Research Methodology from Jul 24th to 28th, 2000, organized at IIM Indore.
- Workshop on Rural Marketing of FMCG on Aug 27th, 1999, organized by Sampark Marketing & Advertising Solutions Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai.
- Seminar on Strategies for Consulting Success, on Oct 30th, 1999, organized by IMCI, Mumbai.
- Attended ISTD training for trainers’ workshop, Feb 2nd to 5th, 1998.
- Attended IIM Bangalore - NASMEI, Marketing Faculty Symposium for Teaching Methodology on Jul 16th to 17th, 1998
Official Email Id
Office Phone No.