Dr. Yamini ChandraAssistant Professor
B.A., M.A. (Clinical Psychology), Diploma (HRM) from GLS Centre for Management Excellence (GLS University), Gujarat State Level Eligibility Test (GSLET), M.Phil., and PhD (Psychology and Entrepreneurship) from Gujarat University.
Areas of Specialization:
Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Organization Behavior, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship, Intrapreneurship.
Her current research interest lies in the areas of the corporate entrepreneurship, behavioral entrepreneurship, and entrepreneurship education, organizational psychology, and is working in-depth to cognize the guiding and binding principles which helps the family managed firms to work effectively while having members of the family sharing not only the ‘Dining table’ but also ‘Board room table’.
Dr. Chandra is an Organizational Psychologist and has overall 12 years of experience in research and academics. Her tenure over these years had been into mentoring startups for their b-plan, helping them to prepare detailed project report and growth plans; mapping knowledge, skills and attitude (KSA) of students and helping them to develop entrepreneurial self. She has been teaching subjects like Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, Entrepreneurial Lab, Work Psychology, HRM and HRD.Previously she has worked with institutions like Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India, Gandhinagar, Gujarat; School of Psychology, Gujarat University and Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University.
- Chandra, Y. and Yagnik, J. (2022). Experience of Perceived Stress and Impact of Health Locus of Control During COVID-19 Pandemic: Investigating Entrepreneurs and Corporate Employees. South Asian Journal of Human Resource Management. https://doi.org/10.1177/23220937221076245.
- Chandra, Y, and Mathur K. (2021). Organization Citizenship Behaviour and Work-Life Interface Practices: Exploring Entrepreneurial and Intrapreneurial Mindset. Vision, 25(3) 361–372. doi:10.1177/09722629211010980. Available at https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/09722629211010980
- Chandra, Y. (2020). COVID-19: The Emergence of New Innovations in Teaching Methods, Eduvoice, June issue. Available at https://eduvoice.in/covid-19-the-emergence-of-new-innovations-in-teaching-methods/
- Chandra, Y. (2021). Online education during COVID-19: perception of academic stress and emotional intelligence coping strategies among college students. Asian Education and Development Studies, Vol. 10 No. 2, pp. 229-238. https://doi.org/10.1108/AEDS-05-2020-0097
- Yagnik, J. and Chandra, Y. (2020). COVID-19 Pandemic: social media for Sharing Information, Spreading Rumours, and Fake News. Shodh Sarita, Journal of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, 7(26), April-June 2020, 185-189.
- Chandra, Y. (2020). A Psychology of Building Healthy Employee-Employer Relationships: Corporate Social Responsibility, a People-Centric Approach. Tathapi, 19(43), 185-195.
- Chandra, Y. and Sao, P. (2020). Case Study on Salt Farmers: A Sustainable Livelihood Approach. The Indian Journal of Social Work, 81 (01), 119-134.
- Yagnik A., and Chandra Y. (2019). Using Creativity to Defeat Fear and Manage Ambiguity for Enhancing Entrepreneurial Decisions. In: Caputo A., Pellegrini M. (eds) The Anatomy of Entrepreneurial Decisions. Contributions to Management Science. Springer, Cham, 09-28. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-19685-1_2
- Chandra, Y. (2019). A Framework Model to Study Fear of Failure and Decision Making among Entrepreneurs at Different Stages of an Enterprise. ITIHAS The Journal of Indian Management, 10 (01), 24-32, Oct-Dec 2019, ISSN Number - 2249-7803 (P), ISSN Number - 2456-7302 (O).
- Acharya, S.R. and Chandra, Y. (2019). Entrepreneurship Skills Acquisition through Education: Impact of the Nurturance of Knowledge, Skills, and Attitude on New Venture Creation. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, International Science Index 146, International Journal of Social, Behavioral, Educational, Economic, Business and Industrial Engineering, 13(2), 186 - 196. https://publications.waset.org/10010060/entrepreneurship-skills-acquisition-through-education-impact-of-the-nurturance-of-knowledge-skills-and-attitude-on-new-venture-creation
- Acharya, S.R. & Chandra, Y., (2019). Fostering Entrepreneurship: An Analysis of General Enterprising Tendency and Pedagogical Intervention in building Entrepreneurship Education. Proceedings of SSIP Annual Conference on Student Start-ups, Innovation and Ecosystem on June 06-07, 2019, organized by Student Startup Innovation Policy (SSIP), Gujarat Knowledge Society, Govt. of Gujarat, Gandhinagar, Emerald Group Publishing (India) Private Limited, 130-155. (ISBN: 978-1-78635-427-3).
- Chandra, Y. & Mathur, K. (2018). Paradigm shift from Managerial to Intrapreneurial: A study of Need for Achievement and Quality of Worklife among Corporate Managers. Research Frontiers in Human Resource Management and Marketing Management, Institute of Management Nirma University, Excel Publishers, 98-119.
- Chandra, Y. & Mathur, K. (2018). Maturing Intrapreneurial Competencies among the Employees of Medium and Large Enterprises: Impact study of Need for Achievement and Quality of Worklife. Nirma University Journal of Business and Management Studies, 01(04), October-December, 29-46.
- Chandra, Y. & Mathur, K. (2017). Entrepreneurial Inclination among Family Owned Firms vs. Corporate Decision Makers. Research Trends in Economics, Finance and General Management, Nirma University, 152-167.
- Patel, A., Chandra Y., & Mathur K. (2017). Perception of Work Environment and its Effect on Job Burnout. Research Trends in Marketing Management & Human Resource Management, Nirma University, 215-223.
- Chandra, Y. & Mathur, K. (2017). Strategic Entrepreneurship within Family Owned Firms vs. Corporate Decision Makers: Opportunity and Challenges. Nirma University Journal of Business and Management Studies, 12(01&02), 85-102.
- Chandra, Y. & Mathur, K. (2016). Perception of Entrepreneurial Orientation, Aspiration and its Impact on Emotional Wellbeing: Challenges for the Future Entrepreneurs. Research Trends in Economics, Finance and Human Resource Management, Nirma University, 227-237.
- Chandra, Y. & Mathur, K. (2015). The Impact of Occupational Stress on Job Satisfaction: A Study of Women Employed in Dissimilar Sectors. SIES College of Management Studies, a Compendium of Research Paper, National Research Conference on ‘Contemporary Business Practices in New Millennium’, 31st Jan 2015, ISSN 97341-925114-6-3, 42.
- Chandra, Y. & Mathur, K. (2015). Women in Diversified Specialized Roles: A Review of Organizational Role Stress on Different Professions. Psychology in India, 03(1), 49-57.
- Chandra, Y. & Mathur, K. (2014). Organizational Role Stress and Job Satisfaction among Doctors, Engineers and Human Resource Women Professionals of Various Organizations. Psychology in India, 02(2), 222-233.
Publications and Research papers presented:
- Paper presentation at National Webinar on “Individual and Organizational Strategies to deal with Stress Issues during Corona Phase”, organized by Department of Applied Psychology, IGNTU, Amarkantak (MP) in collaboration with Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Varanasi on May 26, 2020.
- Paper presentation at 2nd Indian Congress on I/O Psychology, organized by the Department of Psychology, The M.S. University of Baroda in collaboration with the Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SOIOP), India, 23-24, February 2019.
- Paper presentation at SSIP Annual Conference on Student Start-ups, Innovation and Ecosystem on June 06-07, 2019, organized by Student Startup Innovation Policy (SSIP), Gujarat Knowledge Society, Gandhinagar, Govt. of Gujarat.
- Paper presentation at ANVESH (2018, 2017 and 2016) Doctoral Conference in Management, Institute of Management, Nirma University, Gandhinagar-Gujarat.
- Case presentation at 30th AIMS Annual Management Education Convention On “Management Education: Connecting the Dots” during 30th, 31st August and 01st September 2018, Association of Indian Management Schools, Welingkar Institute of Management Studies, Bangalore.
- Case presentation at 8th Indian Management Conclave (IMC), August 04-05, 2017.
- Paper presentation at SIES College of Management Studies, a Compendium of Research Paper, National Research Conference on ‘Contemporary Business Practices in New Millennium’, 31st Jan 2015, Mumbai.
Conferences / Workshops / Seminars attended/ Certifications:
She has won the Best Research Paper Awards for the second and third category, at ANVESH-(2016, 2017 and 2018) Doctoral Conference in Management, Institute of Management, Nirma University, Gandhinagar-Gujarat.
Management Development Programs:
Editorial Board Membership:
Official Email Id:
Office Phone No: