Dr. Sovna Mohanty
B. A., Economics (Hons.), M. A., Economics (Gokhale Institute of Politics & Economics, Pune, India), Ph.D., Economics, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore (Affiliated to University of Mysore)
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
Development Economics, Growth, Trade, FDI
Development Economics, International Economics
Organization – Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore
Designation – Research Fellow
Period – October 2016- July 2017
Project Title- “Financial viability and sustainability of old age pension scheme for building and other construction workers in Karnataka”, sponsored by Karnataka Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Board, Government of Karnataka, Bengaluru.
- Shah, Deepak, and Mohanty, Sovna (2010): ‘Implementation of NREGA during eleventh plan in Maharashtra: Experiences, Challenges, and Ways Forward,' Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 65, Issue 3, September –November 2010.
- Mohanty, Sovna (2017), “Growth Effects of Economic Globalization: A Cross-Country Analysis” ISEC Working Paper 381, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
(Paper Under Review –Journal of International Trade and Economic Development, Taylor and Francis )
- Mohanty, Sovna (2017), “Globalization and Income Inequality : A Cross-Country Analysis” ISEC Working Paper 391, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
Conferences / Workshops / Seminars attended:
- Growth Effects of Economic Globalization: A Cross-Country Analysis “at
- The 3rd Research Scholars’ Workshop organized by the Department of Economics, University of Calcutta held during 27-28 July 2016
- The Eleventh International Conference on Public Policy and Management ,IIM Bangalore held during 8-10 August 2016
- The 5th IIFT Conference on Empirical Issues in International Trade and Finance, to be held during 16th -17th December 2016.
- “Globalization and Income Inequality : A Cross-Country Analysis”
- Paper presented at YSI Europe Convening “Globalization in an Age of Rising Nationalism” at the Festival of Economics in Trento, Italy 1-4 June 2017.
- “Impact of economic globalization on economic growth and income distribution: Sub-National level analysis.”
- Paper presented at Festival of New Economic Thinking organized by the Institute of New Economic Thinking,New York held during 19th-20th October,2017 at Edinburgh,Scotland.
- Teaching subjects Indian Economy in a Global Scenario, Macroeconomics, and Econometrics
- Received ICSSR Fellowship for pursuing Ph.D. the period 2012-2016
- Awarded UGC-NET (University Grants Commission- National Eligibility Test) Certificate (December 2010)
Official Email Id
Office Phone No.