Dr. Bhavesh Salunkhe
Areas of Specialization: Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics
Specialization (Qualification): Ph.D. (Economics)[University of Mumbai], M.A (Economics)[University of Mumbai], NET-JRF (Economics)
Interest Areas: Macroeconomics, Monetary Economics, Econometrics, Time Series
- Fellow (B), Mumbai School of Economics & Public Policy (Autonomous), University of Mumbai (31st August, 2019 to 31st July 2022).
- Visiting faculty at Wilson College, Mumbai July 2014 to February 2015.
Research: Ph.D. (Monetary Economics) (Thesis title: Rebuilding Monetary Policy of India: Correcting the Slipping Transmission Belt)
- Salunkhe, B., & Patnaik, A. (2019). Inflation dynamics and monetary policy in India: A New Keynesian Phillips curve perspective. South Asian Journal of Macroeconomics and Public Finances,8(2),144-179.
News Papers Articles:
- ‘Monetary policy in the absence of a divine coincidence’, Livemint, September 15, 2020
Publications and Research papers presented:
- Salunkhe, B., and Patnaik, A. (2019). “Monetary Policy Reaction Function for India: An Empirical Analysis”, Paper presented at 55th the Indian Econometric Society (TIES) conference, held at National Institute of Securities Markets, Patalganga, Maharashtra in January 2019.
Conferences / Workshops / Seminars attended:
- Attended a course on ‘Contemporary Themes in India’s Economic Development and the Economic Survey’, conducted by Office of the Chief Economic Adviser, Ministry of Finance, in collaboration with the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India from 11th to 17th June 2017 in IIT, Delhi.
- Attended the Advanced Macroeconomics Workshop organised by the School of Liberal Studies, Azim Premji University, Bengaluru, on 23rd and 24th August, 2018.
- Participated in the Conference on “Political Economy of Public Policy” held at the Mumbai School of Economics and Public Policy, University of Mumbai (15th and 16th December, 2017).
- Coordinated the “Certificate Course in Economics of Public Policy” at Mumbai School of Economics and Public Policy (Autonomous), at University of Mumbai.
- Taught a Course titled “Methods of Development Research I: Quantitative Methods” to sem I students pursuing M.A (honour) in Development Studies at Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Research Centre, University of Mumbai (March 2021 to August 2021).
- Was invited as a resource person to conduct a session on “Introduction to R” in Refresher Course in Economics organised by the UGC Human Resource Development Centre, University of Mumbai (23rd Nov 2021).
- Was invited as a resource person to conduct a session on “Issues in Predictive Models using R” in Short Term Course on “Multivariate Methods for Data Analysis” organised by UGC – Human Resource Development Centre, University of Mumbai and the Department of Applied Psychology, University of Mumbai. (1st March 2022).
- Conducted sessions in Ph.D. coursework at Mumbai School of Economics & Public Policy, University of Mumbai.
Visiting Faculty: ICFAI Business School, Powai, Mumbai (June 2019 to July 2019)
Guided the dissertations of MA (Economics) students.
Teaching Assistant at Mumbai School of Economics & Public Policy, University of Mumbai: Conducted remedial lectures/tutorials in Basic Econometrics, Macroeconomics II, Microeconomics I for MA. Sem. I & II [2015-2018]
Conducted sessions on “Basic Econometrics and Time-series analysis with R” for M.A students at Mumbai School of Economics & Public Policy (Autonomous), University of Mumbai.
Worked on Centre for Policy Research in Higher Education/National Institution of Education Planning and Administration Research Project on “Employability of Higher Education Graduates in India” conducted by Mumbai School of Economics & Public Policy, University of Mumbai.
Awards: Awarded with the University Grants Commission (UGC) National Eligibility Test (NET) Junior Research fellowship (JRF) in Economics (November 2014).
Official Email Id: email@example.com
Office Phone No: 022-4235 5733