Dr. Kajori Banerjee
Ph.D. (Population Studies), M.Phil. (Population Studies),
M.Sc. (Population Studies), B.Sc. (Statistics)
Areas of Specialization:
Population Sciences, Applied Statistics
Mathematical demography, Data quality analysis, Public health and policy analysis, Sampling, Survey research, Statistical modelling, Maternal and child health, Health economics, Spatial modelling
- Visiting Professor at Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce (ASMSOC), Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) from 3rd December, 2020- 8th January, 2021.
- Post-Doctoral Fellow (PDF) in a project called ""Demographic and Health Survey and its Quality in India: Programme to Develop Survey Research” at International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), Mumbai (July, 2020 to January, 2020).
- Research officer in UNFPA funded project on ""Youth health in India: An NFHS based study” at International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), Mumbai for 6 months (July, 2019 to December, 2019).
Publications and Research papers presented:
Conferences / Workshops / Seminars attended/ Certifications:
- Given a guest lecture on ""Malnourishment among Children in India with special focus on Maharashtra” at Wilson College, Mumbai on 2nd February, 2018.
- Worked as an Intern in Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore in the Population Research Centre from June, 2013 to August, 2013.
- Awarded 1st position in Data-Q-Thon for paper on ""Data quality of childhood stunting in National Family Health Survey, 2015-16”. The contest was held during March-May, 2019 and organized by Population Council, ICMR and NIMS.
- Awarded the ""Youth best paper award” by Indian Association of Social Sciences and Health for research paper entitled ""Assessing the proxy and self-response biasedness in disease reporting among the elderly in India” in 2015
- Awarded Prof. P. N. Mari Bhat Gold Medal for Best Dissertation in Master of Philosophy in Population Studies, 2014-2015 by IIPS, Mumbai
- Awarded IIPS Gold Medal for securing first rank in Master of Philosophy in Population Studies, 2014-2015 by IIPS, Mumbai
- Awarded the Dr. Asha Bhende Gold Medal for securing first rank in the Master of Science in Population Studies, 2012-14 by IIPS, Mumbai
- Qualified UGC-NET for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Population Studies held on 29th December, 2013
Management Development Programs:
Editorial Board Membership:
Official Email Id:
Office Phone No:
"91 – 022 - 4235 5536"